A great man once said that an unexamined life is not worth living. Several thousand years later, we can say with some certainty that an unexamined website is not worth optimizing. There are a myriad of ways you can work to bolster your website’s SEO performance –– and while nearly every business employs some form of SEO practice in their work –– significantly fewer take the time to study those efforts. Indeed, SEO analysis is perhaps less glamorous than SEO implementation; however, for companies that want to improve their online presence, it’s just as vital. Here then, are several key reasons why your business should start conducting SEO analysis now –– plus a few ideas and tools help to get you started:
What is SEO Analysis?
In simple terms, SEO analysis is a way for companies to view the effectiveness of their SEO practices. Simple enough, right? It gets more complicated. One reason why businesses may struggle to analyze their SEO efforts is that SEO itself is so diverse. Everything from on-site content, to link functionality, to page speed has an effect on a website’s search-engine visibility. As such, it can be difficult to perform a comprehensive SEO analysis –– particularly if you don’t have a background in digital marketing.
Why is SEO Analysis Important?
Some companies may neglect SEO analysis because they feel they would struggle to measure every aspect of their SEO implementation. It is important to note however, that an incomplete SEO analysis is preferable to no analysis whatsoever. After all, it’s better to have some information than none. And the more complete your SEO analysis is, the better you’ll understand what’s working –– and what isn’t –– in your current SEO strategy.
Getting Started with SEO Analysis
Now it’s time to get specific. If you’re ready to start analyzing your website’s SEO performance, but aren’t sure where to begin, here are a few areas you can focus on:
- On-Site Content should be rich, informative, and non-repetitive. Keep each page to a single subject and expand upon that subject in depth.
- Ensure that your Keywords are focused, appropriate, and attainable. Keywords should fit in naturally with your on-site content and meta descriptions. Note: avoid practices like keyword saturation.
- Write Meta descriptions and Headlines that include relevant keywords, and also intrigue interested viewers.
- Links should always function properly on your site and take the visitor where they want to go. Make sure you’re including internal linking to other website pages and external linking to other authoritative websites throughout your on-site content.
- Prioritize page speed, especially for mobile searches. Verify that your website loads quickly and accurately regardless of screen size.
In truth, these are just a few ideas for businesses to explore. Ultimately your SEO analysis can be as in-depth or as cursory as you decide. (Though, failing to track SEO performance in a meaningful way will hamper your company greatly.) Also, there are a variety of tools available that can help you monitor different elements of your SEO strategy.
Benefits of SEO Analysis
Companies that utilize sound SEO analysis hold an advantage over their competition. Why? Because once you’ve determined the effectiveness of your SEO efforts, you can then work to improve them. Indeed, many times SEO analysis provides businesses with actionable solutions to their website troubles. Ignoring SEO analysis completely will inhibit not only your knowledge, but also your potential to grow.
Contact the Pros
Many business owners want to improve their SEO performance; yet few have the time, resources, and support to do so. Fortunately, when you partner with an inbound marketing agency you won’t have to worry about those restrictions anymore. Contact the Leap Clixx team today and discover how cutting-edge SEO analysis and tactics will improve your website’s visibility and performance. Want to know what kind of changes you can expect to see with improved SEO performance? Then download our free eBook here and learn how we can help your website become a lead-generation machine: